‘Forest School is an inspirational process that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees’.
(Forest School Association)
At Symondsbury Primary School, through our Forest School sessions, we hope to encourage independent, enthusiastic and creative learners who develop holistically through a well-planned and interesting child-centred approach.
Forest School provides children with the opportunities to:
- see, explore and experience the natural world through all four seasons
- work together
- develop communication and language skills
- be creative
- develop gross and fine motor skills
- learn about being safe when near a fire or handling tools
- build their self-esteem
- develop independence
- develop respect and a love of our plants, trees and animals
- take risks
A few of the things we have been upto at Forest School recently...
Learning to be safe around a fire, learning new language and toasting marshmallows!
Working together to build houses for The Three Little Pigs
Physical development and exploring a tree up close!
Getting creative with the clay and natural resources.
Getting creative with the conkers.
Using hammers to create some natural artwork.