Our designated Safeguarding Lead in School is Mrs Emma Roberts
The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead Persons are Miss Lisa Jenkin
The Nominated Governor for Safeguarding is Mrs Lisa Barr
The school has adopted the definition of the term ‘Safeguarding’ used in the Children Act 2004
In summary this is:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- undertaking the role so as to enable those children to have optimum life chances and to enter adulthood successfully.
The school’s safeguarding arrangements cover all aspects of life at school, in particular addressing these issues:
- health and safety;
- other harassment and discrimination, including racism;
- physical intervention;
- meeting the needs of pupils with medical conditions;
- provision of medical first aid;
- drug and substance abuse;
- off site visits;
- intimate care;
- internet and communications safety;
- physical security of the school site;
- protection from maltreatment; and
- recruitment and vetting of staff and visitors to the school.
To view our Child Protection and Safeguarding policy please click here. This policy in line with the new guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' 2019.
To view a copy of Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019 please click here.
To view a copy of Working Together to Safeguard Children please click here.
To view a parent information pamphlet on the Prevent Strategy please click here.
To view a copy of our E-Safety Policy please click here.
To view a copy of our whistleblowing policy please click here
To view a copy of our safer recruitment policy please click here
To view a copy of safer working practices May 2019 please click here
To view a copy of our intimate care policy please click here
To view a copy of our anti-bullying policy please click here
To view a copy of our Children missing in Education policy 2018 please click here
E-Safety Newsletter for Parents Autumn 2019
E-Safety Newsletter for Parents & Professionals Autumn 2019
E-Safety Newsletter for Parents Summer Term 2019
E-Safety Newsletter for Parents and Professionals Summer term 2019